Terms & Conditions
- Guests do NOT have to be a UCSB / UC graduate in order to attend the Family Vacation Center.
- We accept checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit cards. We cannot accept any other forms of payment. Checks are to be made out to “UC Regents.”
Mail checks to:
Family Vacation Center
UCSB Alumni Affairs
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-1120
Registration for summer 2019 will begin on December 1, 2018.
- $100.00 Deposit Per Person Due on or before February 14, 2019
- 50% of Total Reservation Due on or after February 15, 2019
- 100% of Total Reservation Due on or after May 15, 2019
- These payments will be automatically charged on the same credit card as the deposit unless you contact the office with different payment instructions. Reservations taken after February 15, 2019 will pay the 50% due at the time of reservation. Reservations taken after May 15, 2019 will pay 100%. If you need to set up a different payment plan, please contact our office at 805-893-3123.
- All cancellations must be made in writing.
- Cancellation requests need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations made on or before January 14, 2019 will be charged a $100 Cancellation Fee per suite.
- Cancellations made between January 15, 2019 and 30 days prior to the start of the vacation will be charged a $200 Cancellation Fee per suite.
- Cancellations made less than 30 days prior to the vacation will be charged a 25% Cancellation Fee per suite.
- There will be no financial penalty for changing weeks, space permitting.
- Cancelling an individual from your party within 10 days prior to your vacation will result in a 25% cancellation fee for that individual.
- An individual cancellation made more than 10 days prior to your vacation will incur no cancellation fee.
- An individual cancellation that results in your party falling below the minimum guests required for your particular suite size will result in a $450 surcharge (per person below minimum) or a change in suite.
- Full refunds or partial refunds will not be processed for guests who choose to leave their vacation early.
- Payments made for a vacation may not be transferred from one summer to another.
- All cancellation policies apply.
- This policy does not apply to space reservations. Please see Space Reservations for more details.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days to be processed.
Refunds will be granted based on the cancellation policy. Full refunds or partial refunds will not be processed for guests who choose to leave their vacation early. Refunds may take up to a month to be processed.
There are several discounts offered to our guests. Read details below
about each discount offered.
- February Special: Children 3 and under stay free Week 5, 2019 (July 13-July 20, 2019). Promotion is limited to 20 available spaces in our Small World program. Promotion is available until these 20 spaces are filled. Only valid if booked before March 1st 2019.
- Teen Friend Discount: Bring a teen friend for half the cost. The teen must be between the ages of 13-18 and they cannot be an immediate family member.
- Referral Discount: Refer a friend and save! A $50 discount will be given to the referring family, plus a $50 discount for the new referred family. Referred family name must be given at time of reservation to apply. Unlimited referral discounts available.
- Online or Print Review: Write a review and receive a $50 discount. A link or copy of the review must be sent to the FVC office. There is a limit of two review discounts available per suite.
- Lifetime Member Discount: Lifetime Alumni Association Members of a University of California Alumni Association will receive a $100 discount upon verification of membership. Membership information must be provided at time of registration. Member must be a registered guest. Discount applies to the room and board fees for the room that the Member is occupying. There is a limit of one Lifetime Membership discount per suite.
- UC Santa Barbara Alumni: UCSB graduates will receive a $200 discount upon verification of Alumni status. Alumni must be a registered guest. Discount applies to the room and board fees for the room that the Alumni is occupying. There is a limit of one UCSB Alumni discount per suite.
- University of California Staff & Faculty: UC Faculty and Staff members will receive a $100 discount upon verification of UC Faculty or Staff status. UC Faculty or Staff member must be a registered guest. Discount applies to the room and board fees for the room that the UC Faculty or Staff member is occupying. There is a limit of one UC Faculty and Staff discount per suite.
- Former FVC Staff: Former FVC Staff will receive a $100 discount upon verification of Former FVC Staff status. Former Staff member must be a registered guest. Discount applies to the room and board fees for the room that the Former Staff member is occupying. There is a limit of one Former FVC Staff discount per suite.
- Share a suite and save!: 2 small families who register to stay in the same larger suite will each receive a $150 discount off their stay. Each family will register and pay separately. Contact the office to take advantage of this SUITE DEAL.
$100 Activity Credit
This credit will be given to families who register for summer 2019 prior to January 15, 2019. Limit 1 Activity Credit per suite. Activity Credits cannot be redeemed for cash. Activity Credits cannot be transferred to another family’s tab. Activity Credits may only be used for activities, merchandise or crafts sold through the Family Vacation Center. Activity Credits may not be used for any type of reservation-related charges or gratuity for the staff. Activity Credits must be used by a specified date and time.
Space reservations will hold a reservation in your same week for the following year up to a specified date. Space reservations may only be purchased at the time of check-out. A $200 deposit will be charged to your tab and applied towards the reservation payment. There is no penalty for requesting a change in week and/or room, space permitting. Space reservations can only be applied for the following summer. For summer 2019, space reservations will be held until December 1, 2018. A full refund will be granted for a space reservation if it is requested prior to this date. Refunds will not be available after December 1, 2018. However, if registering after that date, they may be used to book your reservation for that summer.
The Family Vacation Center is designed as a seven-day program. If a member of your family is unable to attend the full session, the following partial stay rates will apply.
2019 Partial Rates (Per Day)
Adults & 13+
Suite Size Requirements
The FVC offers 2, 3, and 4 bedroom suites. The number of people in your group will determine the size suite you are assigned to. If you fall below the minimum number of people, but would like to reserve a larger suite, a surcharge of $450 per a person below the minimum occupancy of the suite will be charged.
We will strive to accommodate special room requests. Only if space permits will we move smaller parties to larger suites based upon availability at the time of check-in. If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact either Sheri or Lesli in the office at 805-893-3123 and we will be happy to provide further details.
2 to 4 people
4 to 6 people
5 to 8 people
* $450 Surcharge Per Person Below Minimum in a Suite
Pre-Arrival Information and Activity Sign-Ups will be available 30 days before your stay.
Registration Wait-list: If we are unable to book you initially in your week of choice, you will be placed on a wait-list. We will contact you as soon as a space becomes available. To check availability, see the dates and rates table.