As a largely self-supported organization, donations are critical in our ongoing outreach. We are tasked with building strong, mutually beneficial relationships with our 230,000 alumni. We do this through a strategic combination of events and communications. Additionally, we help to build a culture of family with our current students and provide opportunities for them to connect with our alumni.
Gaucho for Life
Gaucho for Life Donors help ensure the following:
- Student events such as Study Nights and Study Breaks, Incoming Student Welcome Receptions, Career Panels, Trivia Nights and senior class activities
- Alumni events such as regional & Olé events, All Gaucho Reunion, & annual awards dinners
- Quarterly alumni magazine, Coastlines
- Access to the Gaucho Professional Network, a new initiative that offers opportunities to network with fellow Gauchos
- Donors who give $100+ annually to the Gaucho for Life Fund will receive the UC Santa Barbara Magazine in their mailbox and be welcomed into the Century Club. Donors who give $1,000 annually to the Gaucho for Life Fund will also be welcomed into UCSB’s Chancellor’s Council.
The UC Santa Barbara Alumni Scholarship Program
The UC Santa Barbara Alumni Scholarship Program seeks to empower the next generation of leaders by investing in their college experience. Gifts to these funds provide financial assistance to the most qualified and highest achieving students.
Mosher Alumni House Fund
Sustaining UCSB’s Living Room
The Mosher Alumni House (MAH) serves as the living room of the UC Santa Barbara campus. The building is a permanent, visible presence on campus of the contributions of UCSB alumni and the lens that enables numerous generations of Gauchos to focus their attention and support on the needs of today’s campus. MAH meeting rooms, many named for alumni whose generosity helped make the building possible, are used as a warm gathering place for returning alumni, a comfortable study spot for hundreds of students as well as a vehicle to recruit top faculty and staff members.
Honoring the Past, Securing the Future
The Founders Circle provides critical support to the University in a host of significant ways—many of them unique. The Founders Circle ensures that Mosher Alumni House is preserved as a true cornerstone of the campus and a home for all visiting alumni. The fund also contributes much-needed resources to the UC Santa Barbara Alumni Scholarship Program, helping future generations receive a life-changing education at UC Santa Barbara. Finally, it provides many worthwhile programs—such as the newly launched Gaucho Professional Network, Alumni Publications and the All Gaucho Reunion—will be kept alive and allowed to thrive. Donors to the Alumni Founders Circle fund will themselves become founders of a tradition of substantially “giving back” to the institution that has been such an important part of all of our lives.